[Job Vacancy Closed]
The Institute for Sustainable Agriculture from the Spanish National Research Council (IAS-CSIC) is hiring a Doctor or a PhD candidate for the H2020 project TUdi “Transforming Unsustainable management of soils in key agricultural systems in EU and China. Developing an integrated platform of alternatives to reverse soil degradation”.
The IAS-CSIC, who is coordinating the project, is a research institute, based in Cordoba, Spain, which focuses on agriculture as a key research line in the conservation of soil and water, especially in orchards. Therefore, the position will take place in the institute where the expected tasks of the hired person would be:
- To be integrated in the different activities, methodology, work plans, systematisation and analysis of data, dissemination of results, technical and scientific reporting and other tasks that contribute to the success of the project.
- To be in contact, support and interact with other teams of the consortium as well as different Spanish stakeholders in collaborative actions.
- To represent IAS-CSIC in technical (online or in person) meetings of the project or conferences if necessary.
- To assist and support the coordination and research WPs of the project under the supervision of the coordinator.
- To carry out other related tasks related to the project and ongoing in the Soil Erosion Laboratory of IAS-CSIC.
- Academic background in Agronomy or Soil Science (The university degree with which the candidate opts for the job must be completed at the time the application is submitted)
- High level of English (written and spoken)
- Availability for travel
- Availability for flexible schedule for field work and/or international meetings
Valuable skills and background:
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Chinese
- Familiar with statistical programs, GIS software and databases
- Programming skills
- Experience in international projects
In the case of hiring a Postdoc, is a full-time position for duration of the project, until June 2025. In the case of hiring a PhD candidate, is a full-time position for 3 years.
If you are interested to join TUdi, please send a CV, cover letter and two recommendation letters to: José A. Gómez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gema Guzmán (email@example.com) by 1 March 2023.